See the podcast show notes on my website here if you are viewing these show notes in a podcast app.
Visit the Easy Sewing for Beginners pattern shop here!
In this Easy Sewing for Beginners Podcast I chat to Emily Thompson from Nap-Time Creations all about sewing with knit fabrics!
You can also listen to this podcast through iTunes!
**This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may get a commission if you choose to click through and make a purchase. It doesn’t cost you any extra if you make a purchase and I sincerely thank you!
What We Talked About in the Show:
- How knit fabric is different to other fabrics
- The best needle to use when sewing with knit fabrics and the difference it can make to your sewing
- Which presser foot to use when sewing with knit fabrics
- The different stitches to use when sewing with knit fabrics and why you shouldn’t use a regular old straight stitch!
- A great tip for getting starting for knit fabric
- Do you need to prewash knit fabrics?
- Sewing hems on knit fabrics with a regular sewing machine – twin needles (and yes you can get a twin stretch needle) and woolly nylon
- Emily’s Facebook sewing group Nap-Time creations Sewing Group
- See the Facebook video where Emily sews a pair of pyjamas from start to finish….and her daughter in the background is just the cutest!
- Emily’s Pattern shop where you can find her patterns and here you can find her FREE ones
- Emily’s sewing story
- Rose’s adoption story
- Woolly nylon
- Serger/overlockers for sewing knit clothing
The best place to find Emily is Nap-Time Creations or her Facebook group.
Happy listening everyone!