When I invest a whole heap of money into a machine like a Brother ScanNCut I want it to last. When It came to doing the updates for it, I felt really reluctant, maybe because I didn’t want to break my lovely machine. But, It needed to be done because the new features that came with the previous update proved to be really useful. I worked out how to do it and there wasn’t one issue with the whole process. Nothing to be worried about after all.
I’ve created this tutorial for you to make the process as easy as possible for you. You can watch me do it on the video down below or just scroll through the photo instructions. Enjoy!
You can find all the other Brother Scan N Cut videos right here.
How to Update Your Brother ScanNCut Step by Step Video Instructions
or you can watch it on YouTube here.
How to Update Your Brother ScanNCut Step by Step Photo Instructions
You will need:
- A computer with an internet connection
- A blank USB storage device
- Your ScanNCut
1. Firstly, go to http://support.brother.com/
2. You should automatically be redirected to the Brother support page relevant for your country. If not you will need to select the region and country you are in first.
Select the ‘Downloads’ option.
3. Scroll down a tad until you see the ‘ScanNCut iCraft and Cutting’ category. Alternatively, you can search by typing in your model number instead.
4. Select the series that’s applicable to you. The ‘CM Series’ is the only option for me.
5. Select the model number of your machine. Some countries have different model numbers available. It should be written on the top of your machine just under the ScanNCut logo if you’re unsure of yours.
6. Select which operating system you use and the version, if needed. I have a Mac so that’s what I’m going with.
7. Click on the ‘Update Software’ option.
8. Read through the End-User License Agreement and click on the blue button to download.
9. At this stage you may have a box pop up to save the download. If you can, save it directly to your USB. It may go straight into a downloads folder so in this case, you’ll need to transfer it onto the USB after.
10. You should also see the ‘How to Install’ instructions on the screen once your download has started.
11. If you scroll down past the instructions you will come to a bit that says ‘Update History Detail’. This will tell you the features that have been added to your machine with the update. You can also click on the link to go to a PDF document that goes into more detail about the new features.
12. You can download these details to go into more detail about the updates or print it off to store with your original instruction manual.
13. Eject the USB from the computer and we are ready to head over to the ScanNCut.
14. To initiate the Update mode, hold down the load button and the power button at the same time for about one second.
15. You should now see the ‘Update’ screen below. Insert the USB first then tap the ‘Update’ option on the screen.
16. The update will start to do its thing. All you have to do is wait until the update reaches 100%.
17. Your update should be complete. You can now remove the USB and turn the machine off and on again ready to get scanning and cutting or check out the new features.
I hope this tutorial has helped you with knowing how to update your ScanNCut machine. Let me know how you’v’e gone in the comments below.
You can also find me around the place to connect as well:
Find me on Facebook and Like the page ??
Find me on Twitter and Follow
Happy Scanning and cutting. I have some ‘how to cut fabric tutorials’ coming very soon. You can check out My ScanNCut Tutorials page here to see what I’ve added so far ?.